How to prepare for SMP
4 days before
begin to moisturize twice a day, morning and night, using non-irritating fragrance-free lotion
Don’t consume alcohol for at least 48 hours before the procedure. Alcohol is a blood thinner, making you bleed more. Avoid medications, such as aspirin.
The night before
wash and cut your hair
Avoid blood thinners unless your Medical Doctor approves.
Avoid using topical products that contain alcohol.
Make sure you’re adequately hydrated to allow your skin to accept the ink better. Exfoliate your scalp to remove any dead skin cells.
The day of
Don’t use any oily, waxy products on your head. The excess oil can prevent the pigment from retaining. If you usually have a shaved head trim with clippers before your appointment.
Make sure you have a meal before the appointment. The first session is the longest and can last from 3-4 hours.
Scalp Micropigmentation Aftercare
To get the most out of your SMP please follow the care instructions below.
You CANNOT get SMP if any of the following apply to you:
Compulsive pulling of body hair or scabs on body
- Keloid Scarring history
- If you’ve ever had a diagnosed keloid scar, you need to supply a Doctors approval note at your appointment.
- Any active skin disease/condition on the scalp (alopecia, dermatitis, psoriasis, eczema, severe acne (actinis keratosis, contraindications, shingles, etc.) any other skin conditions that are not listed please ask before booking
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- Epilepsy Must get doctors to note for approval.
- Uncontrolled Diabetic OR Uncontrolled High blood pressure
- Chemotherapy or Radiation treatments You can get SMP with a doctor’s note of approval.