CHOOSING YOUR SCALP MICROPIGMENTATION ARTIST
- I will be listing my top 5 tips on choosing your scalp micropigmentation artist
- When choosing your scalp micropigmentation artist, it is crucial to have the ability to have good communication. You want to be able to have an open-ended conversation. If English is not your first language, ensure you find someone who speaks your preferred language. During the consultation, the questions will include: Do you want a more natural or sharp hairline? Do you like it slightly receded or straight across? You want a hairline that you are happy with and that also fits your facial structure. Your artist can help and work with you to figure that out.
- Is there another technician that can vouch for their work? It is a great way to test if they are proficient. Sadly, getting three-day training and opening your studio is commonplace. A big misconception about scalp micropigmentation is that it will turn blue. Well, it shouldn’t, and the only reason it can is if your technician doesn’t have the skill to perform scalp micropigmentation. The reality is that scalp micropigmentation takes years to master. It’s trial and error until you get your technique down. But if they can provide you with another reputable artist who knows their work, this can be a fantastic way to ensure they are proficient.
- I get so many calls on this next one. Most technicians only cover two sessions in their pricing. Every skin metabolizes the ink differently. In some cases, two sessions may be enough, but that 3rd session is a bonus to ensure the work is complete and uniform. Many clients have complained that they were unsatisfied because the work faded, and their technician wants to charge them for that 3rd touchup. In my experience, a 3rd session solidifies everything. So, ask how many sessions will be included in the price.
- Do they offer a payment plan? Some options are to split your payments into sessions, or sometimes financing is available. Ask your technician what they offer. Also, remember that paying cash can sometimes provide a discount since the technician won’t be paying credit card charges.
- And lastly, listen to your gut. Is the artist willing to work with you and give you what you want? Bring in pictures of what you are expecting. Are they honest and straightforward about what is possible with your treatment? Are the before and after photos, they are showing you photoshopped? Will they respect your privacy? Are they clean and provide a sterile environment?
This article helps guide you to finding the right artist for you. Remember you trust this person to perform a life-changing service and will spend several hours with them, so make sure you get along with them.
Cherry Payment Plans: https://pureinksmp.com/payment-plans/
Pictures provided by: Canva
Micropigmentación Capilar | Hair Tattoo | San Diego