Dry Scalp and Scalp Micropigmentation
According to the Colombia skin clinic, one in every five people suffers from dandruff. In most mild cases, an anti-dandruff shampoo can be enough to treat the symptoms. Unfortunately, there are multiple causes of a dry scalp; understanding some of the reasons can be critical to understanding how to treat it.
If you are one of the many who suffers from a dry scalp, we recommend getting it under control before getting Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) treatment. In most cases exfoliating and moisturizing the scalp a few weeks before your appointment is enough. However, it is common to suffer from a skin condition and not even know it. Therefore, the best way to handle the situation is to consult your SMP artist; they will evaluate your skin and refer you to a medical doctor if necessary. Performing SMP while there is a skin condition can cause uneven results or put you at risk for an adverse reaction. As artist, we need a nice clean, healthy canvas to work on. We will show you how to exfoliate and prepare dry skin before your treatment.
There are different reasons you may be noticing dry skin. I will be naming 8:
1. Dandruff: Dandruff can be caused by stress, environmental factors, and even weather. It is not curable, but it is manageable. In fact, in some cases, dandruff can be exacerbated because of an oily skin condition. Using an anti-dandruff shampoo a few times per week can reduce its flaring.
2. Irritating products: Dryness can be caused by an irritating ingredient in a product you are using, or you may be allergic to it. It can be your shampoo, hair dye, sulfates, alcohol content, fragrance, or dyes in the products. Be aware some anti-dandruff shampoos can have a high alcohol content. Also, make sure you are rinsing out your shampoo thoroughly.
3. Eczema is a chronic skin condition that causes dryness and itchy skin patches. Make sure to use fragrance and dye-free products and rinse your shampoo thoroughly.
4. Psoriasis: Psoriasis is a chronic medical condition likely related to genetics. Many that have psoriasis also suffer from joint pain and arthritis. 50% of sufferers will get lesions on their scalps. If this occurs, it is necessary to see a dermatologist. You want to avoid aggressive scrubbing. An anti-dandruff shampoo can help calm the symptoms, but always see your dermatologist.
5. Razor Bumps: Razor bumps are annoying and cause itching. There are some natural cures, but I have seen this issue cause permanent scarring. You may need to see a dermatologist if the symptoms persist.
6. Hives: Come and go and, at most last six weeks. Medication, the environment, or a viral illness can trigger it. Most of the time, an over-the-counter antihistamine can reduce the severity of the symptoms. The condition can worsen with heat, rubbing, and scrubbing. You can calm the symptoms with cool water.
7. Ringworm: More typical than you think. It’s a type of fungus and can frequently affect the scalp. You will need to see a dermatologist so they can prescribe an oral antifungal medication. An anti-dandruff shampoo can help calm down the symptoms. Make sure not to self-medicate, as some medicines can make it worse.
8. Skin Cancer: Can cause itching in specific areas. Immediately contact your doctor if the site has an odd shape, hurts, or bleeds.
In conclusion, an anti-dandruff shampoo can be beneficial to calm down the symptoms in many of these conditions. I prefer that my clients use a more natural product without fragrance and that is dye free. The shampoo I will give my clients that suffer from dry scalp is Vanicream Medicated Dandruff Shampoo. I will attach the information. Also, I have had clients use Ozone oil for Eczema and acne. Ozone oil is a fantastic product that only a few people know about it. Ozone is a highly reactive and unstable molecule; therefore, it can assist in eliminating bacteria, viruses, and biofilm. You can find oils that are useful for different conditions, from Eczema, acne, scars, and so much more. I’ve had so much success with this product. You can either purchase it directly from the manufacturer or on Amazon. I will attach the links. It has a strong smell but multiple uses if you can get past the scent. Olive oil is a potent carrier oil that has a high success rate. Check their website for more detailed information.
When it comes to scalp micropigmentation, try to use natural products that help prolong your results. Also, you may have dehydrated skin, which often causes excessive sebum production to compensate for the lack of hydration. So, you may have an oily scalp but suffer from a dry scalp.
Pureo3 Ozonated Olive Oil (official website): https://shop.puro3.com/puro3-ozonated-olive-oil-2-or-4-oz
Pureo3 Ozonated Olive Oil (Amazon): https://a.co/d/bsYZUNH
Vanicream (Amazon): https://a.co/d/cuOshA6
Micropigmentación Capilar | Hair Tattoo | San Diego
Pictures Provided by: Canva
What?s Going down i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve discovered It positively helpful and it has aided me out loads. I hope to give a contribution & aid different customers like its aided me. Good job.
You made some first rate points there. I regarded on the internet for the difficulty and found most people will associate with with your website.
I?ve been exploring for a little for any high quality articles or weblog posts on this kind of house . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this site. Reading this information So i am happy to show that I’ve an incredibly good uncanny feeling I came upon exactly what I needed. I such a lot no doubt will make sure to don?t forget this web site and give it a glance regularly.
I was just searching for this information for a while. After six hours of continuous Googleing, finally I got it in your site. I wonder what’s the lack of Google strategy that do not rank this type of informative websites in top of the list. Usually the top web sites are full of garbage.
I’d like to thank you for the efforts you have put in penning this site.
I really hope to see the same high-grade content by you in the future as well.
In truth, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to get my own, personal blog
Here is my web site: porno
Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I?ll make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I will certainly return.